My Review of The Invited by Jennifer McMahon


Title: The Invited 
Author: Jennifer McMahon 
Published : April 30, 2019 
Published by: Doubleday 
Genre: Horror 
Pages: 368 

Review: 
After Helen's father's death Helen and her Husband Nate have desired to live a simpler life. So, they abandon their condo and local teaching jobs to move to the country and build their own home. As if building a home wasn't enough of a challenge, eerie things start happening and its not just paranormal the town they have moved to isn't too welcoming when it comes to messing with the land Helen and Nate have bought.
So, when I bought this book I originally thought that it was a thriller! I kept hearing about it and seeing about it everywhere. When going through my kindle when I saw this one I had to read it and I am super glad that I did! This book was phenomenal! I loved it! I loved that the chapters switched between the women of the past and present. That added to the paranormal ghostly aspect. Then, when Nate started seeing the white doe I knew the story was going to be amazing! I loved that there was the town people's hesitation about anything with the paranormal and I also loved that the author placed an old school section that had the whole seance aspect that was really neat! The whole story was very well written and placed together amazingly! A genuine ghost story! I loved it! I am definitely going to have to check out more by this author! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Review of Hie Secret Starlight Baby by Michelle Major

My Review of The Golden Couple by Greer Hendricks & Sarah Pekkanen

My Review of The Shadow Man by Helen Fields