My Review of Eliza and Her Monsters by Francesca Zappia


Title: Eliza and Her Monsters 
Author: Francesca Zappia 
Published by: Greenwillow Books
Publish Date: May 30, 2017 
Pages: 400 pages 
Genre: Young Adult Fiction 

Synopsis: 
In the real world Eliza is smart, shy and a big mess! Online she is the one and only Lady Constellation and the author of the biggest web comic Monstrous Sea. This is her baby and she does everything she can to keep her identity secret. One day she meets a boy named Wallace and he is the biggest Monstrous Sea Fanfiction writer. They start dating and then when Eliza's identity is leaked out her world comes crashing down! 

Review: 
So, I have a tendency to start a book blind. Like I don't read the synopsis or anything like that I just go in blind and what happens happens. 
This story is amazing and I enjoyed it! Eliza is a normal teenager fixing to finish High School, going to college in the fall and everything but, she is also the author of one of the biggest webcomic fandoms there is. Eliza is also a BIG introvert, she doesn't really talk to other people at her school nor does she have any friends close to her except her online friends! She's not really close with her two brothers or her parents, her main focus is her webcomic baby Monstrous Sea. 
But, all of that changes when she sticks up to the bullies on the new kid, Wallace. Soon she discovers that he is a huge fan of the Monstrous Sea and that he even writes FANFIC about it. Her life seems to be going well, she has a boyfriend(Wallace) and her motivation and plans to finish the comic by the end of the school year are going great until it just wasn't. 
In an attempt to connect with her on a different level her parents outed her unintentionally. Suddenly, Eliza's life is turned upside down and she must face her monsters and come to terms with her new reality. In a way of self discovery and what's really important to her. 
I loved this book and this was the first that I have read from this author! I definitely will check out more from her! I loved the different styles of writing and the graphics included in the text! Definitely a great read!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Review of Hie Secret Starlight Baby by Michelle Major

My Review of The Golden Couple by Greer Hendricks & Sarah Pekkanen

My Review of The Shadow Man by Helen Fields